Comparable sales information helps you position your target property in current market conditions. By default, the search results will include property sold in the last 6 months, and sorted by distance to your target property.
There are 3 main sections in this step:
Image 1: Overview of sections within the Comparable Sales tab
1. Refining your search
Filter your search results by changing the criteria available in the Refine your search panel.
- Property type: Click on the drop down menu to add other property types to your search. Click on ‘X’ to remove a property type.
- Radius: Click on the drop down menu to adjust the search radius from your target property.
- Sold within: Choose a time period from the drop-down menu or tick the Custom date checkbox to set a date range for your search. In the From Date and To Date fields, you can either type the years or click on the Calendar icons to set your date range.
- Land size: Limit your search to include only properties with comparable land size by typing the minimum and maximum values into the relevant fields. Choose between m2 or ha from the drop-down menu.
- Price: Limit your search to include only properties within a certain price range by typing the minimum and maximum values into the relevant fields
- Attributes: Limit your search to include only properties with comparable attributes. Click on a specific number or drag the end points of the slider to set a range for the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and car spaces.
Click on the Update Filters button to refine your search according to the criteria you have set.
Image 2: The Refine Your Search panel
Note: You may limit your search results if you apply too many filters. We recommend that you start with a broad search and adjust your filters gradually to narrow your results.
2. Selecting comparable sales
Add a specific property that hasn’t appeared in your search results by typing the property address in the Add Comparable Sale search bar. As you start typing, predictive text will display possible matches in a drop-down menu.
Click on the correct address to add it to your shortlist. Tick the checkbox in the Featured column to feature a property. Learn more about featured properties under the Sorting your search results section below.
To view property images and additional property data, click Expand All. To return to the list view, click Collapse All.
You can remove a property from your shortlist by clicking on the Bin icon. To delete all properties from your shortlist, click Remove All Properties.
Image 3: The Selected Comparable Sales panel
Property location numbers are assigned to every property in your shortlist. This number will help you identify the property’s location on the Comparable Sale and Comparable Listings maps in the report.
Image 4: Property location numbers
3. Sorting search results
By default, your search results will display a list of 20 properties. Click on the Load More button at the bottom left of the list to display another 20 properties. Click on the Sort by drop down menu to sort your results by address, sale date, or sale price.
Ticking the checkbox on a search result will add it to your comparable sales list. Click on Expand All to view the property detail panel and customise the information displayed against the selected property.
Image 5: The Search Results panel
Customising selected properties
Once you have identified the property you would like to include in the Selected Comparable Sales section, you can customise how it is presented in your report by using the following features:
Viewing and adding comparable property images
Each property in your shortlist features a carousel of available images, which may include images from listing websites, Google Street View and Google Maps (Aerial View). To upload additional images, click on the left or right arrows to get to the Upload Image button at the end of the image carousel. Click on the button to browse your files.
Image 6: View and upload images for a specific property
Featuring selected properties
Tick this checkbox to change how that property is displayed in your Signature CMA report – a featured property will have its own comparison page. Ticking this checkbox will also move the property to the top of the list.
Image 7: Feature a specific property
Adding property notes
You can add your own notes against a comparable property to demonstrate your local area knowledge. You can also add a custom headline to go with your notes.
Image 8: Add notes and a custom headline to a specific property
|< Previous step||Next step >|