With RPNZ, you can create your local territory on a map to enable custom location searches. You can create up to 25 territories, each holding up to 30,000 property records.
|Creating a Territory||Editing and Saving|
On any RPNZ page, click the Search button at the top right of the screen next to the My Account button. A menu will appear on the left – click Saved Territories then New Territory to open a pop-up window showing a map of New Zealand.
Image 1: Accessing the Territory Builder
In the map window you can:
- expand the map by clicking the Square on the top right
- zoom in or out using the + and – buttons on the top left, or holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard and using the scroll wheel on your mouse (for quick zooming, point the cursor at the location you want to zoom to)
- reposition the map – click the Hand icon then click and drag the map to the new position
- click the Drawing Tool to drop pins on the map – this will change your cursor to a + sign so you can mark out a territory on the map
- click the Reset button to start again if you make an error
- give your territory a unique name by typing into the Territory Name box at the bottom and clicking Save.
Image 2: Map tools
Creating a territory
Zoom into the street level of the territory you wish to create. Once you’ve identified the correct area, switch to the drawing tool.
Click a spot on the map to drop the first pin on the edge of your territory, then click the next point to drop the next pin. Continue dropping pins until you’ve created a shaded shape covering your territory. Your pins will be visible above the boundary line.
Image 3: Setting the boundary
Editing and saving
If you need to expand, reduce or move your territory, click one of the pins and drag it to a new position on the map.
If the territory area you’ve drawn contains more than 30,000 property records, an Unexpected error saving territory message will appear at top of the screen You’ll need to reduce the boundaries by moving some pins until it allows you to save the territory.
Once you’ve named and saved your territory, a confirmation message will appear.
Image 4: Confirmation and drop-down menu
On the Search page, click Saved Territories in the menu on the left. The name of your new territory will appear. From here, you can:
- click the link to open the Property Search page with a list of property search results within the territory
- click the Down arrow to the right of the territory name to open a drop-down menu.
The drop-down menu has options to:
- edit the shape of the territory on the map
- delete the territory
- run the search in a new window rather than the current window.
When you open the Property Search page from your territory link, you have the same options as with other RPNZ searches to switch between tabs, refine your search results, select properties and produce reports.
Image 5: Property Search page